Wow, does this Superfood Green Smoothie pack in a ton of nutrition in a glass. The balance of carbohydrates from the banana, fat from the avocado and protein from the almond butter will keep you fueled up for hours. This smoothie is also positively loaded with health power. Kale is rich in vitamin K and antioxidants such as vitamins A and C. Potassium –rich bananas help fuel the brain and keep muscles functioning optimally. Avocados are a good source of fiber and heart-healthy unsaturated fats, including omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, and almonds are rich in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant known for protecting heart health. Better still, the sweetness from the juice, banana and honey helps balance out the flavors so you just might be able to sneak those green veggies into your kids!
Superfood Green Smoothie
Once Again Nut Butter
Made with Once Again Almond Butter!
- 1 packed cup baby kale about 2 generous handfuls
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp Once Again Dawes Hill Killer Bee Pure Raw Organic Honey
- 3 ice cubes
- Place kale and orange juice in a blender and puree for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and purée until smooth.
- Serve immediately in a chilled glass.