Maple Cashew Donuts
Once Again Nut Butter
- 120 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 48 grams baking powder
- 10 grams baking soda
- 960 grams all-purpose flour
- 12 grams kosher salt
- 240 grams egg yolks, room temperature
- 904 grams full fat, plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 400 grams granulated sugar
- 16 grams vanilla extract
- 1800 grams neutral oil, for frying
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 175 grams grade A maple syrup
60 grams Once Again cashew butter
- 360 grams heavy cream
- 2.4 grams kosher
MAKE THE DOUGH: Melt the butter and let cool.
- Combine the baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt. Separately, combine the melted butter, egg yolks, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Roll the dough to 1/2” thickness and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut donuts to desired size and fry at 360-370F until golden brown. Let cool before dipping.
- MAKE THE GLAZE: Combine the ingredients for the glaze and cook over medium heat to 218-224F. Let cool slightly before using.