To be a kid again! If you could go back to a time when you were a child, which age would you choose? Head back to the time in our lives when we had little to worry about– but lots of laughter bubbled through the air. Our days are filled with challenges we believed we could conquer, new, exciting lessons to learn …. a delicious meal prepared for us… nice beds to lay our heads on at night… and the promise of a fun-filled day ahead. If we could bottle up those feelings and release them a little at a time to boost our spirits during busy, hectic adult days, we find ourselves first in line to get a jar of peanut butter, of course! Ready for our recipe today? Frozen Banana Peanut Butter Bites.
In the meantime, we’ll try to focus on moments that help us to let go of our problems and feel entirely connected to our inner child-selves.
We’ve got just the thing to help you get there right now– our Banana Peanut Butter Frozen Bites! There is nearly no logical reason why an adult should be eating such cuisine, yet there are a million reasons to make some of these ASAP! They are fun, easy-to-make, and it is impossible to eat them without a big smile on your face. Not convinced? Make them and try for yourself.
If you’ve got kids around the house, bring them in to help. Slice up your bananas, and then slather some Once Again Peanut Butter to make banana slice sandwiches. Now a little patience is needed as they go in the freezer for about 20 minutes. It’s a great time to play charades while you wait! As soon as they are firm, remove them from the freezer and using a toothpick, dip them into melted chocolate. Back in the freezer they go, just for enough time for you to finish up your game of charades. Enjoy popping them into your mouth and tasting the smooth peanut butter, rich chocolate, and the somewhat frozen banana that tastes like ice cream now.
Take it up a notch by sprinkling some coconut flakes or chopped nuts too! You can store them back in the freezer for up to 7 days if you make a bigger batch. Perfect in between chores snack for the entire family—don’t you think?
Want another child friendly easy snack? Try our Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi rolls recipe here.
Banana Peanut Butter Frozen Bites
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Start by placing chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish. Heat chips for only 10 seconds at a time until the chocolate melts evenly and set aside.
- Slice bananas into about ½ inch slices. Add ½ teaspoon of Once Again Peanut Butter to one slice of banana and top it with another, making a sandwich.
- Now place them to the freezer for just 20 minutes. Remove bites from freezer and dip one side into melted chocolate, and then set them in the freezer again for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the treats from freezer and enjoy! Store them in the freezer for up to seven days in an airtight container. Allow the frozen bites to soften for 10 minutes before serving.