Once you prepare chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter, it is impossible to make them plain again. Consider yourself warned! This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is mouthwatering good!
This recipe is as indulgent as it gets. It is close to the most traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, like the ones that appear on the back of the chocolate chips’ bag. We use sugar, butter, and eggs; just as the recipe indicates. But then, there is also peanut butter, making the recipe unbelievably tasty. You may have noticed one or two mildly unusual ingredients: the whole wheat flour and oats. It is likely the recipes referenced earlier do not include such varieties.
Their addition is nothing but a small compromise to add a touch of fiber to a chocolate chip cookie that would otherwise have none. Thankfully the peanut butter and oats contribute enough nutrients to allow us to get away with eating two cookies!
Some tips to perfect this peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe are worth mentioning. The oats used are the quick oats variety since they are softer and blend with the cookie dough texture more easily than rolled oats. However, if you don’t mind the extra chewiness, substitute the rolled oats instead for a higher fiber content. The flour used was sifted to ensure proper measure while adding air to the mixture. When dropping them by the spoonful to bake, consider that their shape will be somewhat rougher; you may also roll and flatten before cooking, if preferred. Finally, if crunchy is your thing, try making these with our Once Again Crunchy Peanut Butter instead!
Looking for a gluten free cookie recipe? Try our Maple Almond Cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- In medium bowl mix softened butter with sugar, then add i the beaten egg.
- Mix well, next add Once Again Peanut Butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix baking soda and powder with into flour and then sift all into the wet mixture.
- Once well mixed, add quick oats and stir in chocolate chips. The mixture will have the traditional cookie dough consistency. Using a cookie scoop, place raw cookies on place on a silicone baking sheet or on a traditional cookie sheet, and place them in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- The recipe should make about 30 cookies. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to seven days.