We are excited to share our Caramel Apple Tacos recipe with you today! It’s one of those recipes that will surprise your taste buds at first bite. There are so many flavors and textures coming together in these tiny sweet tacos that is it difficult to believe the simplicity of this recipe. Our secret ingredient is our newly launched flavored cashew butter. We recently brought you two new flavored cashew butters: Cashew butter with lemon and Cashew butter with sea salt caramel. They are both available on our online shop and soon at retailers near you. If you love caramel, this new cashew butter is a must try.
For these Caramel Apple Tacos recipe, you will need tortillas. There are two options; purchasing mini-taco shells or (recommended method) use whole wheat tortillas and a round cutter to make them. It’s an easy two-step process. Cut round shapes about 6 inches in diameter from your tortillas and place them on the back side of a muffin pan to shape them into taco shells. Next, take them to the oven for about fifteen minutes until they harden. This crunchy texture is key for success when preparing these caramel apple tacos.
The filling comes together in less than ten minutes. Simply dice up a couple of apples, throw them in a medium sized pan with two tablespoons of butter (vegan or conventional, your choice!) over low heat. Cook them until tender and add in a teaspoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of our Once Again Cashew Butter with Sea Salt Caramel.
That’s what you’ll stuff the little taco shells with. Then drizzle some extra cashew butter with sea salt caramel and devour these tiny crunchy sweet caramelly tacos!
Want to take up a notch? Start with the tortillas, before placing them in the mold, brush them with a little butter and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon to bake into these shells. Need more texture? Add some raisins, chopped walnuts or any chopped nuts of your choice into the mixture to stuff the tacos with. Feeling extra fancy? Add a dollop of whipped cream to each little taco before serving, or serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Share a photo with us of your creation, either in the comments below or on social media! After you try this recipe, try our Caramel Sea Salt Truffles too, find them here.
Caramel Apple Tacos
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
Crunchy sweet tacos made with apples and our Cashew butter with sea salt caramel!
- 4 large whole wheat tortilla shells
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter or butter of choice
- 2 apples
4 tablespoons of Once Again Cashew Butter with Sea Salt Caramel
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Start by cutting out 6 inch rounds from whole wheat tortillas. Cut at least 8 of them.
- Place them in the back side of a muffin pan to shape as a mini-taco.
- While they bake in preheated oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about fifteen minutes, start the filling.
- Add the butter to a medium sauce pan over low heat, combine chopped apple and cinnamon in pan and cook until tender.
- Now add the cashew butter with sea salt caramel and mix well. Turn heat off and set aside.
- Fill each taco with mixture and drizzle extra cashew butter on top. Serve while warm for the best results!