There is no need for introductions here, if you’ve been following us on social media or been a fan of our brand, you’ve heard of our new gourmet product line. We carry it in four flavors: hazelnut and cacoa, almond and cacoa, hazelnut white chocolate, and almond white chocolate. It is nearly impossible to pick a favorite! For our Chocolate Hazelnut bundt cake recipe, we chose the hazelnut and cacao, but we are pretty sure you can swap any other flavor and come out with an equally mind-blowing delicious cake. Whichever one you choose will dictate the flavor of this cake.
This recipe calls for a whole cup of Once Again Chocolate Nut Butter! The other ingredients are just there to carry out the mission of making this into a Chocolate Hazelnut bundt cake, but the flavor is all about the chocolate nut butter, and rightfully so! It is a scrumptious cake with or without the glaze on top. But we will always recommend the glaze, which is nothing more than just extra chocolate nut butter heated to get to a pouring consistency and then drizzled atop the still warm-to-the-touch cake.
Your inner nutritious self is asking right about now: Should I? Absolutely! There is a time and place for everything. As a registered dietitian, I am constantly answering this dreaded question: If I want to be healthy, should I just give up all sweets and treats? And my answer is almost always: Absolutely not! There are a few exceptions due to personal medical history and background, but in general, you should still enjoy treats and sweets every now and again. The key here is to minimize the additive effects of consuming overly processed sweets and treats because the vast majority include artificial ingredients and preservatives. Those unfortunately put our indulgences just over the edge, creating a detriment to our health. Instead, you can appreciate delicacies without the risk of by making your own at home— of course, given that the ingredients you choose for your recipe are also clean. That’s what you can expect with our Once Again Nut Butter products, including our gourmet line.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and bake! And if you’d be so kind, come back and tell us what you think about this recipe in the comments section below.
Want another cake recipe? Try our Vegan Cashew Butter Cake.
Chocolate Hazelnut Bundt Cake
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- 2 3/4 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of milk
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar, beating all at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, and mix well.
- Lastly, add in the flour mixture and mix until the batter is smooth. Pour into prepared bundt pan and and place it in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the cake, and let it cool before removing it from pan. Try this topping suggestion: Take ½ cup of Once Again Hazelnut & Cacao Spread and just warm it over medium heat and pour it on top of cake.