A new product was recently added to our cashew butter line. And we made these salted caramel cashew bars with it! The organic creamy cashew butter with sea salt caramel launched right at the beginning of fall season of 2020. That is perfect timing for enjoying a delicious caramel flavored cashew butter, and perhaps arguably during a year when we can use a little comfort food.
How to make cashew bars?
The very first recipe we made after opening a jar is our salted caramel cashew bars. These bars showcase caramel tones combining the versatility of cashew butter in making a healthy snack that is also mouthwatering.
What is in our flavored cashew butter?
First, let’s take a more in-depth look at this product. The organic creamy cashew butter with sea salt caramel has a short list of ingredients to keeping line with our goal to minimize added ingredients. It contains dry roasted organically grown cashews, organic sunflower oil, natural caramel flavor, and sea salt. The nutritional profile mirrors that of our creamy cashew. It is almost magical how this scrumptious new version of our cashew butter still has no added sugar while tasting so much sweeter. The caramel flavoring with a pinch of sea salt brings forth the natural sweetness of the cashews.
This makes this a game changer for baking with cashew butter!
It allows recipes to reduce or even eliminate added sugar as an ingredient without compromising taste.
Our Salted Caramel Cashew bars were designed to be a healthy snack. At first bite, it was difficult not to call them candy bars. The caramelly, gooey texture is reminiscent of many a chocolate covered bar. You may be tempted to dunk them into melted chocolate to make your own homemade candy bars, and we encourage you to experiment! For the sake of calling this a healthy snack, we limited ourselves to just adding a chocolate chips topping.
Here is a quick note about the dates in this recipe. If you have a powerful food processor, it can probably handle pitted dates very well. However, a quick fifteen-minute soak in warm water will speed up the process to achieve the smooth paste starter for this recipe. Out of dates? No problem, we tested this recipe with apricots as well and it works wonderfully.
Ready to try our new Organic Creamy Cashew Butter with Caramel and Sea Salt? Click here to purchase.
Looking for more bar recipes? Try our Chocolate Oat Tahini Bars.
Salted Caramel Cashew Bars
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
Healthy snack bar made with our salted caramel cashew butter and dates. A gluten free and vegan snack bar!
- 8 pitted dates
- 5 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup of Once Again Cashew Butter with Sea Salt Caramel
- ¼ cup of ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- Start by soaking the dates in warm water for about 15 minutes. Drain water and transfer to food processor. Pulse the food processor until a thick paste. It will come together off the sides of the food processor and form a ball.
- Now add in milk, cashew butter and pulse again until well mixed. Finally, add in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Test if it is ready by opening the food processor on the off position and with a spoon you can scoop a small amount.
- If you can roll it into a ball in your hands and it stays together, it is done. The chocolate chips can be added in now, or you can opt to use them to decorate the tops.
- Press the dough into a prepared pan lined with parchment paper. An 8x8 pan will make 8 bars once sliced. Decorate with chocolate chips. Place bars in freezer for 15 minutes; then remove to slice and keep in refrigerator for up to 4 days.