Once Again pulled off another surprise for nut butter lovers! The introduction of our brand new Organic Creamy Cashew Butter with Lemon. Who knew the tartness of lemon would enhance the natural sweetness of cashews so delightfully in this creamy butter? When a flavor is this fantastic, a recipe to feature it should involve as little ingredients as possible. This Cashew Lemon Shortbread Cookie has only three ingredients aside from our new cashew butter.
The recipe relies on the scrumptious flavor of cashew butter with lemon enhanced by just one quarter cup of coconut sugar. This yields a lightly sweet and tart shortbread cookie. Increasing the sugar up to one half cup still works for this recipe too if you prefer a sweeter cookie. Although we have not tried the non-vegan option yet, technically you could swap the flax egg for a chicken’s. If you experiment with this, share your results in the comments section please.
Our Cashew Lemon Shortbread Cookie recipe is reason enough to try our new cashew butter. In addition, it is an appetizing dip for cut up fruits. It also works as a spread on toast, to drizzle over pancakes or as topping for ice cream. The ingredients are dry roasted organically grown cashews, organic sunflower oil, organic sugar, and organic lemon powder. The nutrition facts on this jar will look the same as our conventional cashew butter. There is no compromise on the simplicity we choose to keep for our ingredient list. Additionally, there are no added sugars or preservatives. It comes in a twelve-ounce jar, and we recommend trying it by the spoonful to taste the pure cashew and lemon flavors before using it as a recipe ingredient.
A note about our Cashew Lemon Shortbread Cookie recipe. When placing the cookies on the sheet to bake, press them with a fork to flatten; the more you flatten them, the crispier and flakier they bake. If you choose to roll them into balls and slightly press them, they will have a crispier shell with a softer cookie on the inside. Both ways are magnificent, it’s your choice!
Love our lemon-flavored recipes? Try our Lemon Cashew Bars recipe found here.
Cashew Lemon Shortbread Cookie
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
Delicious shortbread cookies made with our Cashew Butter with lemon
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- In small bowl prepare the flax egg by mixing ground flaxseed and warm water; let it stand for fifteen minutes.
- Then add in Once Again Cashew butter with lemon and mix well. Combine sugar and baking soda and add it to mixture.
- Place dollops onto prepared cookie baking sheet and press with a fork to flatten. Place in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- This recipe makes about 15 cookies depending upon desired size. Let them cool before removing from pan. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.