Our recipe today for Mediterranean Veggie Burger is made with our Tahini. Find out more about our Tahini below!
At Once Again Nut Butter, our company is proud to provide a wide range of organic, natural plant-based nut butter and seed butter products. In addition to our selection of organic honey, gluten-free peanut butter, roasted almond butter, and chocolate hazelnut butter spreads, we also feature hemp seed butter, organic sunflower seed butter, and Tahini products.
Kosher-certified and non-GMO verified, our delicious and natural plant-based spreads are keto-friendly, gluten-free, and created using only the finest ingredients.
Our Tahini butter is made from organic sesame seeds that are also lightly roasted and milled to creamy perfection. Our advice is to stir and refrigerate or freeze once the jar has been opened. At Once Again Nut Butter, we work hard to provide a sustainable and tasty product.
Much like our organic hazelnut butter and natural crunchy peanut butter products, our sesame Tahini butter can be immediately enjoyed as a spread on sandwiches, crackers, or used to create a number of delicious treats. Once Again Nut Butter offers a variety of creative Tahini recipes to enhance breakfast, lunch, and dessert. Check out our online shop today to browse our natural and organic seed butter spreads. To learn more, give us a call!
Health benefits of tahini:
- Tahini is a great source of phosphorus and manganese, both of which play vital roles in bone health. It’s also high in thiamine (vitamin B1) and vitamin B6, which are important for energy production.
- Rich in antioxidants with potential capacity to lower our risks for certain cancers.
- Lowers risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Contains anti-inflammatory components with possibility of treating asthma for example.
- Helps protect liver and kidney function.
- Great source of plant-based protein.
Good fit for:
- Plant-based diet
- Gluten-free diet
- High protein diet
- Vegan and vegetarians
- Paleo diet
- Mediterranean diet
- Nut allergy
Mediterranean Veggie Burgers
- 2 15 oz cans low sodium garbanzo beans, drained
1/3 cup of Once Again Tahini
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach defrosted
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- Pan spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, breadcrumbs, egg, spinach, onions, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the garbanzo beans are mostly smooth. Do not over process – a few chunks are fine.
- Scoop the mix into a bowl and fold in the roasted red peppers, feta, and olives.
- Spray a cookie sheet well with the pan spray. Shape the mix into 6 equally sized patties, flattening slightly, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the burgers in the oven for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the burgers and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve on a toasted burger bun with lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce if desired. May also be served with Once Again Tahini-Lemon Dressing & Dipping Sauce.