Sunflower Butter Recipes
Sunflower Trail Mix Cookies
Pasta and Sauce
1/2 cup Sunflower Butter
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs spring water
1 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs canola oil
dash of 2-3 chipolte pepper sauce
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts (optional)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 (8 oz) package of whole grain, angel hair (or your favorite) pasta.
(optional) 1 pound sauteed, steamed or grilled broccoli and/or cauliflower cut into florets. 1 pound sauteed or grilled skinless boneless organic free range chicken or duck breast cut into cubes. If you use both, double the amount of sauce.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Saute bell pepper, green onion and bean sprouts in tbsp of oil until tender-crispy, set aside. If using, cook vegetabled and/or chicken until done then set aside.
- Mix in a large saucepan over medium/low heat in this order.
tsp of canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, lime juice, brown sugar, vegetable broth, chipolte sauce.
- Add sunflower seed butter, sauteed vegetables and pasta, cooked vegetables and chicken.
- Toss to coat all ingredients.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and more green onion.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Stephen Gagnon
Oatmeal Sunflower Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
1/3 Sunflower butter
1/3 cup milk
2 Tbs. Canola Oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix first five ingredients together. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until done.
For more fun recipes, visit this website: http://www.mamaearthshop.com/
1 cup of flour
3 tablespoons Sunflower Seed Butter 2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons water
salt to taste
- Combine ingredients, gradually adding water to make a dough.
- Knead and roll on floured surface 1/8 thick.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 10 minutes until browned.