Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Tofu Lettuce Cups
12 oz silken firm tofu, pressed to remove moisture and diced
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup sliced green onions
6-12 large leaves of Boston bibb lettuce
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
1/2 cup Once Again Organic Peanut Butter
Family Style Peanut Stew
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
4 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges or 1 28-ounce (795g) can diced tomatoes
3 to 4 cups (720 to 960 ml) chopped green cabbage
2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
2 carrots, sliced
1 large onion cut vertically into half-moon slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups (1 liter) vegetable broth, divided
1 6-ounce (170g) can tomato paste
1/3 cup (80 ml) raisins
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup (180 ml) natural unsalted peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
Cooked whole grains of your choice
- In a large deep skillet or stockpot, combine the tomatoes, cabbage, sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic.
- Pour in 3 cups (720 ml) of the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of vegetable broth along with the tomato paste, raisins, salt and pepper and stir well. Cook for 1 minute, then add the peanut butter and stir until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Serve the peanut stew hot and spoon over cooked grains.
Recipe complements of:
Zel and Reuben Allen, Vegetarians in Paradise
Lisa's Famous Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Cup butter
1 Cup white sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
1 16 oz. jar of Organic American Classic Peanut Butter Crunchy
2 3/4 Cup flour
2 Tsp. baking soda
1 Tsp. vanilla
This recipe requires using a mixer.
- Cream butter. Add sugars, cream well. Add peanut butter and mix well. Add eggs, mix well. Add flour sifted with soda, mix well. Add vanilla, mix well. Roll into balls about the size of tablespoon. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
Recipe compliments of employee-owner, Lisa Blatz
The Greatest Peanut Butter Frosting. Ever.
1 jar Once Again's American Classic Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
1 stick melted butter
4 c. confectioner's sugar
1/3 c. cream, milk or 1/2 and 1/2
- Mix until smooth and creamy. Double ingredients for a truly immaculate life-changing peanut butter frosting experience.
- Enjoy, savor, and buy a new jar (or two) for after you finish this first cake and just absolutely must have another.
Whole Foods Market Portland, Maine
Peanut Butter Smoothie
1 cup of cold milk (or soy milk)
1 banana (cube into chunks for easier blending)
2 tablespoons of Omega-3 peanut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup yogurt (optional)
- Put all ingredients together into a blender and process until smooth. Makes 1 serving.
This shake is great for after a run or workout.
Peanut Butter and Celery Smoothie
4 tbsp of peanut butter
2 stalks of celery (cut into pieces)
1 1/2 cups of milk (or soy milk)
1 banana cut into chucks
- Blend the celery and banana first, then add the remaining ingredients, blend well and process until smooth.
Vegan friendly recipe.