Cashew Butter Recipes
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING (8 servings): CALORIES: 221, TOTAL FAT: 8.7g, SAT. FAT: 1.3g, CHOLESTEROL: 0mg, SODIUM: 482mg, CARBS: 30.3g, FIBER: 4.8g, SUGARS: 6.2g, PROTEIN: 7.3g.
Cashew Turtle Brownies
36 caramel candies
1 1/2 cups cashew butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup warm water
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and place in an oiled pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
Cashew and Honey Nut Butter Fruit Muffins
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 cup Cashew Butter
4 Tbs. honey
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit
1 8 oz. jar fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat muffin tins w/oil.
- Combine flour & baking powder. Combine nut butter, eggs, honey & milk.
- Add flour mixture & mix well. Fold in fruit. Fill tins full.
- Put tsp. of jam on top & swirl through batter with toothpick. Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
Cashew Oatmeal Drops
1 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup Cashew Butter
3/4 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in order given. Drop from teaspoon on oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until browned.
2 cups cashew butter
3 cups water or milk
2 Tbsp. ginger, fresh or powdered
1 Tbsp. tamari (soy)
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
- In a blender or food processor, puree all ingredients until very smooth.
- Pour puree into a large sauce pan and heat gently, stirring often until hot.
- Stir from the bottom as you serve..
- If you want a thicker, creamier sauce that goes a little further, in a large sauce pan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and whisk in 3 tablespoons of flour. Whisk over low heat for 2 to 5 minutes. Whisk in heated cashew puree and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped scallions.
1/2 cup cashew butter
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk the cashew butter, milk and pepper together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until sauce is warmed through.
- Serve over grilled chicken, pork or rice.
Cashew Butter Banana Smoothie
1 ripe banana (cube into chunks for easier blending)
1 cups cold milk or soy milk
1/3 cup cashew butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg (optional, or use milk instead)
dash of nutmeg
- Put all the ingredients except nutmeg into a blender and process until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle a little nutmeg on top. Makes two servings.