Only a short while ago, we introduced our Once Again Amoré Organic Spread Hazelnut with White Chocolate into our gourmet line. It is a unique hazelnut butter made with roasted hazelnuts, all organic and fair-trade ingredients. It is so complete by itself enjoyed as a spread or topping, and additionally, for this same reason, it is a fantastic ingredient for baking. The spread contains many of the ingredients needed to make this White Hazelnut cookies: We just combine an egg and flour for the complete recipe. Three ingredients make it a fool-proof, no-experience-needed -type of baking!
These White Hazelnut Cookies are light and fluffy, offering plenty of hazelnut flavor— and not an overly sweet profile. When combining the ingredients, start beating the egg first, and then add the hazelnut butter. This is more easily accomplished with a hand mixer. When it’s time to add the flour, do not use the mixer, however. Instead use a spoon or spatula to incorporate it into a homogeneous dough. Letting the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes helps to facilitate rolling it into balls. Lightly press them onto the cookie sheet making a crisscross pattern atop each one with a fork. Keep a good watch on the oven, they are easy to over bake. As soon as the edges start to turn golden brown, they’re ready! They’re delightful in their simplicity; however, you can dress them up with sprinkles, cropped hazelnuts, or white chocolate drizzles. We would love to hear your review in the comments below.
White Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons of sifted flour oat flour, rice flour or flour of your choice
- Combine Once Again Amoré Organic Spread Hazelnut with White Chocolate with the egg in a medium bowl and beat at medium speed.
- Then mix in flour mixing with a spoon until a dough is formed.
- Place dough in metal bowl and cover it with plastic, and let it rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Next, remove it from the fridge and make 10 to 12 small balls.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Place them in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool and enjoy! Save any leftovers in a sealed container for up to five days.