Spoonful of creamy soup alternating with crunchy bites of our Tahini Savory Crackers are all the comfort food you’ll need! After a long stressful day on a winter’s day, an enticing bowl of homemade soup and crackers is just what the season calls for! However, don’t let the season uniquely dictate your cravings; when temperatures outside do not match your mood, just crank down or up the air conditioning and set your own scene. The best news is the food of course, which ever soup you choose. (May we suggest our Creamy Carrot Soup?) This simply made cracker is the perfect pair.
The freshness of these crackers is perhaps their best quality. Note the difference between a homemade crunch versus the store-bought kind. Therefore, we recommend making them often and consuming them within three to four days for maximum flavor satisfaction. One bowl and a flat surface is all you need to get started. As you combine with Once Again Tahini, feel free to add a bit more or less to achieve a smooth dough, much like modeling clay consistency. The dough will be oily when handled, and much easier to manipulate within two sheets of parchment paper. Roll it with a heavy roller pin to make it easier to achieve a thin cracker and score them before baking for the perfect cuts later. You have creative freedom to add another spice or exchange the rosemary for cumin instead. Make these crackers to complement your soup choices any way you would like. Share your culinary adventures with this recipe it in our Comments Section so we can try them too!
Tahini Savory Cracker
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ cup + 2 tablespoons of Once Again Tahini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Start by mixing oat flour and all spices along with the baking powder in large bowl.
- Then add tahini and olive oil, slowly mixing it in until it forms a smooth dough.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out thin, about 1/8 of an inch.
- Using a sharp knife, slice it into squares; then using a fork, pierce dough to avoid bubbles during baking. Place the large cracker in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes or until edges become darker.
- Remove from oven, and let it cool before breaking it into average-sized cracker squares. Store crackers in an airtight container for up to four days.