These delights are pillow-soft cookies with chewy interiors and delicate crust on the outside. Sunflower Hemp Butter Cookies are simply delicious! I emphasize “simply”; you most likely have all the ingredients to whip up this recipe in your cupboard.
Start with applesauce, whatever milk you prefer to use, and of course, our Once Again Sunflower Hemp Butter. Now, in terms of the next few ingredients, you have some options. The maple syrup serves as the sweetening agent we chose; however, some other options that include honey, corn syrup, or molasses. If you happen to prefer conventional sugar, then increase the milk in the recipe to three tablespoons. Tapioca flour serves as a thickening ingredient and can be substituted by arrowroot or cornstarch with a 1:1 ratio. If you prefer to use rice flour, the substitution is one tablespoon of rice flour to two tablespoons of tapioca flour. The last ingredient is baking powder.
It is important to ensure that the baking powder does not come in contact with sunflower butter, which is why it is the last ingredient added. When those two ingredients come in direct contact, there is a chance that your cookies may turn green when they bake. Although still perfectly safe to eat, it may not be your desired outcome.
That is as simple as it gets when it comes to a cookie. This recipe for our Sunflower Hemp Butter Cookies is an option for those avoiding nuts, – as well as those on a gluten- free diet. If the milk used is plant- based, this recipe becomes vegan. Not mentioned yet, but equally important, this cookie is nutritious as a source of Omega fatty acids and fiber. Enjoy them as part of your healthy diet! We love to see how you create and adapt our recipes. Please be invited to share your photos on our Facebook page or Instagram. Also, below the recipe there is a comment bar, let us know if you have any questions!
Sunflower Hemp Butter Cookies
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
¾ cup of Once Again Sunflower Hemp Butter
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of milk of your choice
- 6 tablespoons of tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Start by mixing Once Again Sunflower Hemp Butter with maple syrup, applesauce, and milk.
- Slowly add tapioca flour, while mixing constantly to avoid lumps.
- Last, add in baking powder, and blend well. It is important to ensure baking powder does not come in contact with Sunflower Butter, which is why it is the last ingredient added. When those two ingredients come in direct contact, there is a chance your cookies may turn green when they bake. Although still perfectly safe to eat, it may not be your desired outcome. You will find this dough is smooth and easy to handle.
- Make small rounds and flatten them onto a baking sheet. Place cookies in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake for about ten minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool before transferring to a plate. Enjoy! Save leftovers for up to four days in airtight container. This recipe makes eighteen cookies.