Sea Salt Caramel Truffles
Our Sea Salt Caramel Truffles recipe is almost too easy to be called a recipe. Only three ingredients come together for a gourmet-luscious dessert. What makes this possible? The depth in flavor and texture of our new Organic Creamy Cashew Butter with Caramel and Sea Salt.
There are fewer ingredients to purchase and remember when creating a new food in your kitchen. We currently have a few products in this category: Maple Almond Butter, Sunflower Butter with Hemp Oil, Creamy Cashew with Lemon, Tahini with Lemon and Cashew Butter with Caramel and Sea Salt. All are tasty by the spoonful in addition to showcasing their versatility that they bring to recipes.
Of course, truffles come with a certain degree of guilt when enjoyed by those on a healthy eating journey. However, when a truffle has only natural ingredients, no added sugar, and a thin crunchy layer of dark chocolate, you can leave that guild behind and enjoy a couple Sea Salt Caramel Truffles for dessert.
Dates have a notorious caramel like texture and subtle taste when ground into a paste in a food processor. This recipe works because the dates and cashew butter with caramel complement each other so well. When made with a different dried fruit such as apricot or prune, you achieve a different flavor profile. Delicious, nonetheless. The tiniest sprinkle of sea salt on top of each truffle as the chocolate layer is hardening makes these truffles worthy of a magazine cover. They taste as luscious as they look! If you are looking to master your truffle making skills, try our Peanut Butter Pumpkin Truffles. We are curious to know what you are creating with our flavored nut and seed butters. Share with us on social media by tagging us on your posts.
Don’t forget you can rate our recipes by using the 5-stars on the right upper side of the recipe cards. Leave a comment if you have any questions or ideas you would like to share.
You can find our brand new cashew butter on our online shop here!
Sea Salt Caramel Truffles
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
These are deliciously simple to make with our Cashew Caramel Butter, just add dates. Just 3 ingredient truffle recipe! They are naturally gluten free and can be made vegan with vegan chocolate. Just a couple of ingredients! A vegan chocolate covered truffle. Cashew butter and dates is the perfect texture and flavor combination for this simple treat that looks amazing on your dessert platter.
- 14 pitted dates
½ cup of Once Again Organic Creamy Cashew Butter with Caramel and Sea Salt
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chopped
- Start by placing dates in warm water for fifteen minutes. Drain and place them in food processor.
- Add in cashew butter with caramel and sea salt. Pulse until well combined.
- The mixture will start to pull off the sides of the processor and form a ball - that is when it is ready to roll into truffle sized balls. Roll them and place in parchment paper.
- Next, place them in the freezer for about fifteen minutes while you prepare the chocolate. Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl to melt. Using a fork, drop frozen truffles one at a time into cooled melted chocolate and then remove.
- Tap on the side to remove excess and set them on parchment paper again to harden the shells. Keeping them frozen until dropped on the chocolate hardens the chocolate fast, creating as a thin shell.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Leave a comment