Today we will share a recipe for our Gluten Free Maple Peanut Butter Cookies, but first, can we agree that Farmer’s markets are wonderful!? Thankfully, they have gained popularity and are now commonly found across the country. Any given weekend, you may have two or three farmer’s markets nearby ripe for your exploration. As a 100% employee-owned company, in a small rural community in Upstate Western, New York, we are big fans of small business, farmers and crafters who come together to sell their goods directly to consumers at farmer’s markets.
It is not a surprise many of us here at Once Again Nut Butter often frequent these markets. Including myself! Recently at a local market, a bakery brought some new items to the table, and of course, I had to try them all. One of them was a maple peanut butter cookie that I just haven’t stopped thinking about since then. The only problem was the cookie at the market didn’t use our Once Again peanut butter, so I was inspired to re-create the recipe using our very own jar.
How could something amazing get a little better? Simply use the very best ingredients, and everything is possible. The cookie is gluten-free because I used only coconut flour. Maple syrup was a given; however, when out of it, the recipe works very well with honey. The egg was used for best results in a chewy center with a crispy outside. When using a flax egg instead for a vegan option, the recipe works but the texture is a bit different while not compromising the taste.
Let’s explore a few reasons for making these Gluten Free Maple Peanut Butter Cookies. Yes, they are delicious, but they are also easy to make. And there exists a good chance that you already have these ingredients in your pantry right now. Perhaps you need a last-minute cookie for a bake sale, class party or neighborhood gathering? These bake fast and sure to please everyone. They also store well in an air-tight container for up to five days. They pair perfectly with a cup of coffee, too!
Ready for another cookie recipe? Try our Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies.
Maple Peanut Butter Cookies
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
These super easy to make cookies are a fantastic last minute treat to bring to a party, class event or just whip it up for afternoon tea time. They combine the flavors of peanut butter and maple in a way you've never tasted before!
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Start with softened peanut butter. If you happen to store peanut butter in the refrigerator, make sure it is at room temperature before you start whipping up this recipe.
- Add maple syrup or honey and stir ingredients together well.
- Next, add beaten egg and continue mixing well. Add baking soda to coconut flour and stir both into the peanut butter mix at one time.
- Mix well and shape into small balls; you should get about 20. Then place them on a baking sheet and press.
- Place cookies in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 8 to 10 minutes —or until golden around the edges. Let cookies cool before removing them from the cookie sheet.
Optional add ins: ¼ of cup chocolate chips, ¼ cup of raisins, ½ cup of chopped peanuts.