Let’s make some Hemp Sunflower Omega Bites today! We launched our Sunflower Hemp Butter in the early months of the year 2020, and it has quickly become a favorite. So, why did we add hemp oil to our sunflower seed butter?
Hemp oil is high in the essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6. These essential fatty acids are not produced by the body; therefore, they must be present in foods included in your daily routine to meet nutritional needs. Additionally, hemp oil contains Omega-6 and Omega-3 in an optimal of 3-to-1 ratio. This ratio has been found ideal to potentially reduce your risk for cardiovascular problems, atherosclerosis, and certain types of cancer. It also proves crucial for the health of the brain and the nervous system.
Hemp oil contains vitamin E and carotene, both antioxidants beneficial to reduce the destructive effects free radicals have on our body. Hemp oil also includes minerals such as magnesium, calcium, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and iron. These are all great reasons to add it to our already nutritious Sunflower Seed Butter.
The nutritional gains were clear; however, the final test was left to our taste palates. We are happy to let you know that our experience was a tremendous success! Of course, we want to hear from you, as well. Once you try our Sunflower Hemp Seed Butter, please leave a comment below, or feel free to review our product at our shop store online or any platform where you are shopping for groceries, and we appear.
After spreading this innovative seed butter on toast, crackers, fruit, or eating it by the spoon, try the recipe below. These Hemp Sunflower Omega Bites are an omega fatty acid powerhouse. They combine the natural content of omegas in chia seeds, hemp seeds and Once Again Sunflower Hemp Butter. Fuel your brain with these bites as a one-of-a-kind snack.
Hemp Sunflower Omega Bites
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup of Creamy Sunflower Hemp Butter
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Combine all dried ingredients: chia seeds, hemp hearts, and oats in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Add coconut and pulse a few times until forming a coarse mixture.
- Next incorporate the Creamy Sunflower Hemp Butter and pulse until combined.
- Roll into energy balls and top them with dark chocolate shavings. Save in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Or freeze these bites for up to 90 days. Makes about fifteen energy bites depending upon the size of each one.