Honestly, an ice cream cake recipe sounded a bit too complicated to be included on our collection. After a few trials and research, we were able to simplify the process and maximize the deliciousness, and this Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake recipe is the result that we bring to you today. For the more skillful chefs, who may prefer made from scratch recipes, this one may not be for you. This is more of a semi-homemade ice cream cake. Rest assured; the shortcuts taken here did not compromise the result. Cool whip and cream cheese make up the ice cream, and we flavor it with our Once Again Amoré Organic Almond Spread. Graham crackers separate the layers, and as the ice cream softens them perfectly to shape this concoction into a cake! Consider using a silicone pan for easier removal. When using a regular pan, line it with plastic wrap or parchment paper to facilitate removal and decorating. It is important to be patient and wait at least 8 hours for it to set in the freezer. It will be quite hard and set once ready, so remove it from the freezer for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Of course, this is an indulgent Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake dessert— it has sugar and cream and everything in between. One slice at a time should not compromise your health goals— just double up on the fruits and veggies to ensure your nutrients are met and enjoy each bite!
Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
A twist on the classic "ice box cake" recipe! Made with graham crackers and placed in the freezer to set. It is just as delicious as you remember and even better!! So easy to make too. A great summer time treat for a barbecue or a dinner party.
- ½ cup of Once Again Almond & Cacao Spread
- ½ cup of Once Again Organic Almond Spread with White Chocolate
- 2 8 ounce tubs of Cool Whip
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 16 to 20 graham crackers
- In large bowl, mix Cool Whip with cream cheese, and then divide content into two separate bowls. Add the Once Again Amoré Organic Spread Almond with White Chocolate to one and the Once Again Amoré Organic Spread Almond with Milk Chocolate to the other.
- A silicone loaf mold is the ideal pan; however, a regular pan will work as well using parchment paper as a liner. Start layering, first layer chocolate, then one-layer graham crackers and the next white chocolate.
- Repeat layers until you reach the top. Garnish with sliced almonds and graham cracker crumbles. Place it in the freezer for up to eight hours. Before slicing to serve, remove from freezer for ten minutes. Enjoy! Save leftovers in freezer.