It can be tricky to think of our Once Chocolate Nut Spreads as ingredient in recipes. However, they make phenomenal spreads, toppings, and glazes. And remember to enjoy them just out of the jar with a spoon. To use it as an ingredient in a recipe may seem counter intuitive. However, this Donut with white chocolate hazelnut glaze recipe below will prove our nut butters’ versatility. For our healthier version of this donut recipe below, we added two tablespoons of our Once Again White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. The richness of the white chocolate and hazelnut shines through, as these little donuts bake, and you really can smell the luscious hazelnut in the air.
As we develop these recipes for you, our goal is to keep them simple with a minimum amount of ingredients, while avoiding the addition of refined sugar when possible. Here, as long as you use very ripe bananas, you will not miss sugar at all. The Once Again Chocolate Spread already has its own added sugar, and it is just enough when added to the banana in the mix. You will also notice there are no eggs in this baked recipe. An unusual approach to baked goods is to skip the eggs and use flax meal and water instead. It works as an egg substitute while adding fiber and omega fatty acids to the nutrient value of these donuts. This swap makes it easy to convert this recipe for those following a vegan diet. Additionally, instead of our Once Again Chocolate Spread, you may choose to use one of our other nut or seed butters.
When a recipe is this effortless and delectable, there is no excuse to keep you from making it as often as you would like!
Try this donut recipe too: Peanut Butter Doughnut Holes
Donut with White Chocolate Hazelnut Glaze
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
Healthy wholesome donut recipe made with oat flour and banana, made incredibly delicious with a white chocolate frosting!
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of Once Again Hazelnut with White Chocolate Spread plus extra for icing
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of oat flour
- Chocolate chips for decoration
- Start by mashing bananas, and when in a pureed consistency, add in flax meal and mix. Let it sit for two minutes.
- Then add in coconut oil and Amor, and whisk to combine.
- In separate bowl, combine oat flour and baking soda.
- Now add in dry mixture into the wet and mix with spatula until combined. Do not overmix some lumps are okay. Pour onto a silicone donut mold, or mini cupcake pan.
- Place donuts in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for fifteen to twenty minutes. Check with toothpick for readiness.
- Once ready remove from oven, wait about ten minutes and then spread about a teaspoon of Once Again Chocolate Nut Spread on top of each warm donut. Enjoy them warm, and even better with a glass of milk or cup of coffee. Store leftovers in tightly- sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.