This recipe for Crunchy Almond Apple Wrap includes our Once Again Creamy Almond Butter which you can find in our online shop here! Learn more about our almond butters below:
At Once Again Nut Butter, our company prides itself on offering a wide selection of vegan, and gluten-free nut butter products. With a dedication to quality and superior taste, we use only the best almonds to produce our extensive line of organic and natural almond butter products.
Each one of our almond butter products are milled in a specific way to create a unique taste and lasting flavor. Whether you are looking to enjoy organic almond butter on the go or buy in bulk, we have you covered. We offer both roasted and blanched almond butter. Roasted almonds have been heated for up to an hour to deepen their flavor while blanched almonds have been boiled for a short period of time in order to remove their skins. Our Keto almond butters make a great choice for those following a low-carb, high-fat diet.
In order to produce these high-quality and delicious organic nut butter products, at Once Again Nut Butter, we use more natural methods with no added sugars or salt. Our natural almond butter products are gluten-free, vegan, kosher, sodium-free, and non-GMO. For inspiration on how to make tasty and healthy treats from either our roasted or blanched organic almond butter, visit our recipes section today.
Top 3 Excellent reasons to eat more almond butter:
- Almonds are a healthy plant protein, in two tablespoons there are about 7 grams of protein.
- Ounce for ounce, almonds are higher in fiber, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin and niacin than any other tree nut.
- Just 2 tablespoons serving of almond butter contains approximately 8 milligrams of vitamin E, which is about 50 percent of the 15 milligrams you need each day. Vitamin E protects your cells from damage caused by the aging process, pollution, and other contaminants. It also contains 112 milligrams of bone-building calcium, which is about 11 percent of your daily needs.
Each 2 tablespoons serving of almond butter provides the following nutrients, minerals, and vitamins:
- Protein. Almond butter contains about 7 to 8 grams of plant-based protein per 2-tbsp serving. This counts toward the recommended dietary allowances (RDA) for women of 46 grams and 56 grams for men, which varies by age and activity level.
- Magnesium. With about 89 milligrams of magnesium, each serving helps towards the RDA of 400–420 mg in men and 310–320 in women. Magnesium is essential for health, playing a role in over 300 chemical processes in the body.
- Phosphorous. Each serving contains 162 milligrams of phosphorus, which is about 17 percent of the RDA of 700mg for adults. Phosphorus helps the body to build healthy cells and bones and helps cells to produce energy.
- Zinc. A serving of almond butter provides 1.1 mg of zinc. This is 8 percent of the recommended daily intake of 11 mg for men, and 10.6 percent of the RDA of 8 mg for women. Zinc is necessary for immunity, protein synthesis, and DNA formation.
- Vitamin E. With about 7.7 milligrams of vitamin E per serving, almond butter provides almost 52 percent of an adult’s RDA of 15 mg. Vitamin E is an important vitamin required for the proper function of many organs in the body. It is also an antioxidant.
- Fiber. A serving of almond butter provides 3 grams of fiber, contributing to the daily recommended of 25 to 30 grams. Fiber is beneficial in weight management, decreasing risk for diabetes type 2 and coronary artery disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
Health benefits of almond butter:
- Rich in healthy fats, improving cardiac health and preventing heart disease
- Weight management
- High in vitamin E, prevents oxidative cell damage
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Muscle building
Good fit for:
- Plant-based diet
- Gluten-free diet
- High protein diet
- Vegan and vegetarians
- Paleo diet
- Mediterranean diet
Crunchy Almond Apple Wrap
Once Again Nut Butter
- Spread the almond butter evenly on the tortilla. Drizzle the honey over the almond butter.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and orange juice.
- Toss the apples, grapes, raisins, and almonds in the dressing.
- Mound the apple mixture on top of the almond butter.
- Roll up the tortilla burrito-style.