Chocolate Oatmeal with Cashew Butter. Although cashews have been a popular snack and food source for a long time, almonds and peanuts really have taken most of the spotlight in the cooking scene lately. But all that is about to change — vegans and vegetarians have been experimenting with them for quite a while. Cashews contain more starch than peanuts and almonds, and therefore, when ground, the resulting nut butter is creamier and perfect for thickening recipes. Cashew butter, which Once Again has been crafting for decades, is rich and smooth but has a milder taste when compared to peanut and almond butters. These qualities make cashew butter a multipurpose ingredient to cook with in both savory and sweet recipes.
Chocolate Oatmeal with Cashew Butter
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup cashew or almond milk
- 6 tsps. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 ½ tbsps. 100% maple syrup
1 ½ tbsps. of Once Again Creamy Cashew Butter
- Add all ingredients to a jar with a lid (great time to recycle your Once Again glass jars!) and shake vigorously until all ingredients are well mixed.
- For the overnight oats- style version, just set the jarred mixture in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- For the ready- to -eat warm- style, transfer mixture from jar to sauce pan, and warm it up for a few minutes.
- The pudding will thicken as you cook it; for a creamy and thicker result, cook for at least 15 minutes. You may also use the microwave, as you prefer. If so, cook for 90 seconds, using that method. Garnish with coconut flakes and cashews.