Our recipe today is for Chocolate Hazelnut Granola!
Indulge Your Sweet Tooth with Our New Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
As part of our tradition of providing satisfying gluten-free nut butter spreads, Once Again Nut Butter is proud to offer a new line of gourmet nut butters we call “Amoré.” New for 2018, and like most of our other fine all-natural nut butter and organic peanut butter products, our organic hazelnut spreads are made using only the finest food service nut ingredients with no cholesterol or trans-fat.
With the added elements of cocoa and milk, this gourmet hazelnut butter can be combined with fruit, biscotti, or added as a topping to elevate any snack into a low-guilt treat that you’ll love.
In addition to hazelnut, our new gourmet nut butters also include our traditional organic almond butter now enhanced with milk chocolate or white chocolate made from only high-quality cocoa butter. If you’re looking for healthy, natural, plant-based spreads to satisfy your sweet tooth, be sure to check out our Amoré nut butters below.
Looking for inspiration on how to add our chocolate hazelnut butter to your homemade treats? Browse our organic hazelnut butter recipes section for more information.
Chocolate Hazelnut Granola Crunch
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
Chocolate granola with a lighter twist! We picked the very best ingredients to make this delicious chocolate hazelnut flavored granola. They come out of the oven as one large granola cookie that can be broken up in bite sized pieces to enjoy as a snack, topping or just plain with milk of your choice!
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple
- 2 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of brown rice cereal or any cereal of your choice
1/2 cup of chopped peanuts or any nut of your choice
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
- In large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well. If you chose a cereal that has large pieces, first break them into smaller pieces with a rolling pin.
- In medium pan over low heat add honey and Once Again Chocolate Hazelnut Butter and mix vigorously until well mixed for about 5-7 minutes. It will slightly melt and become the consistency of thin syrup.
- Pour warm mixture over dry mix and mix until well coated. Distribute in cookie sheet prepared with non-stick spray. Using the back of a spatula pat down to compact granola.
- Take it to a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, mixing it well half way through. Remove from oven and let it cool before breaking into pieces. Store in airtight container for up to 10 days in dry and cool place.