Cashew Turtle Brownies
Looking for other recipes with cashew butter? Check out our Quinoa Cashew Bites! If you need to stock up visit our online shop for this month’s sales and discounts here.
Cashew Turtle Brownies
Once Again Nut Butter
- 10 tbsp 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pan spray
- 36 caramel candies
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped Once Again Roasted Salted Cashews
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8 or 9 inch square glass baking dish with foil, letting the foil hang over the sides by about an inch. Spray the foil liberally with pan spray.
- Heat the butter, 1 cup of chocolate chunks, and unsweetened baking chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the double boiler. Stir in the sugar and vanilla, then whisk briskly for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the eggs in a steady stream. Stir in the flour and salt until incorporated, then whisk briskly for 1 minute.
- Pour half of the batter into the lined baking dish. Reserve the remaining half. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until batter is just set.
- While the brownies are baking, place the caramels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to melt. Remove from the microwave and whisk in the heavy cream.
- After 10 minutes, remove the brownies from the oven. Drop the cashew butter by tablespoons on top of the brownies, then sprinkle with the chopped cashews and remaining ½ cup of chocolate chunks. Drizzle with the caramel.
- Drop the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the caramel. Use a wooden spoon to gently spread the batter to the edges, covering the caramel as much as possible.
- Return the brownies to the oven and continue baking for another 30-35 minutes or until the brownies pull away from the sides.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Use the foil overhang to remove the brownies from the pan. Discard the foil. Trim the edges and slice into 16 squares.
Leave a comment