Here is reason number 101 why overripe bananas are smile-makers. Truthfully, we lost count; this may very well be reason number 201 by now. Pinterest has an abundance of recipes with bananas for good reason. We have yet another brilliant way to use those almost too-brown-to-eat bananas. Mash them up, combine with fiber rich oat flour, add in our Once Again Crunchy Peanut Butter and that’s it . These banana biscuits aren’t sweet— the only sugar they contain is in the natural sugar present in bananas and peanut butter. This is a perfect recipe for children who have a low threshold for added sugar, and for those avoiding added sugar due to chronic diseases such as diabetes. If you aren’t watching your waistline , top these off with our Once Again Amoré for a biscuit that tastes more like a cookie. Either way, this a good recipe to bookmark: it is easy, fast, and versatile.
This recipe makes about 15 biscuits but can be doubled to make a larger batch. These taste their best fresh, so if not consuming them within the first 24 hours, we recommend freezing. Try adding them still frozen to your lunch box, and they’ll be ready to eat by lunchtime. Elevate this biscuit to cookie status by adding ½ cup of chocolate chips, dried cranberries, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts to the batter and baking them to perfection! We think you also would enjoy these easy to make crunchy oat peanut butter bars!
Banana Biscuits Drizzled with Chocolate Nut Butter
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
Not too sweet but so tasty! Easy to make and yet another way to make good use of over ripe bananas.
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of Once Again Almond & Cacao Spread
- Blend bananas with oat flour, then add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Mix all ingredients well, and then with a tablespoon drop them onto a baking sheet.
- The recipe makes about 15 biscuits. Place in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, place about ¼ cup of Once Again Almond & Cacao Spread in a microwave-safe dish and warm it up. Once cookies are done, let them cool, and then dip or drizzle each one in the Once Again Amoré Almond & Spread. Enjoy these biscuits fresh or store them in an airtight container for up to five days.