Almond Rolls with Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
The smell of fresh baked cinnamon rolls and coffee brewing is likely the best way to coax you to wake up in a good mood; at least we think so. Can you imagine making your own rolls instead of the ones that pop out of a can? Sounds complicated, right? It doesn’t have to be! Perhaps the best part of making your own rolls from scratch is the ability to personalize flavors and experiment with different ingredients. Try our Almond Rolls with Chocolate Hazelnut Butter to start!
A successful dough for these rolls requires the use of instant yeast. It is imperative that you use instant yeast that has been recently purchased and within the “good to use by” date. The yeast needs to work efficiently to inspire a fluffy dough that bakes evenly. To activate the yeast, don’t skip the first few steps which include warming up the milk and butter, adding the yeast and letting it rest for 10 minutes. The addition of sugar will also feed the yeast to ensure that it is active.
The traditional cinnamon and sugar combination is a fantastic one, but could it possibly have some competition? After you try these rolls stuffed with Once Again Almond Butter and topped with Once Again Chocolate Hazelnut Butter it will be difficult to pick a favorite. Note that because we are using Once Again Almond Butter as the filling for these rolls, there is no need to add any sugar or butter to this recipe. This also results in a bit of a lower-calorie treat! That’s what we call a win-win recipe.
After removing these rolls from the oven, while still warm, drop a tablespoon of our Once Again Chocolate Hazelnut Butter atop each one and watch the hazelnut chocolate spread slowly melt into a perfect topping. The smell is amazing, and it is hard to resist. Try to wait at least five minutes before digging into them, however. They taste perfect once the filling cools a bit and thickens.
When looking for something to indulge in, we believe in keeping the luxury simple by using only the fewest ingredients needed, and without adding any artificial preservatives or flavorings. Pair these almond rolls with a freshly brewed cup of coffee, and then put your feet up! That’s as close to a slice of heaven as it gets.
You know what else goes with a cup of coffee? Our Pumpkin Muffins!
Almond Rolls with Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
Carolina Jantac, MS, RD, LD
The fluffy cinnamon rolls you love but made with lots of Almond Butter and Hazelnut Cacao spread instead! A new tradition to your morning or afternoon treats.
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of white whole wheat flour
4 tablespoons of Once Again Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
In a small sauce pan, add milk and three tablespoons of butter, cooking until warm and melted. Make sure to keep the mixture just a little above room temperature and never reaching a full boil.
- Remove this mixture from heat and sprinkle it with yeast, letting it stand for 10 minutes. Then add one tablespoon of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of salt and stir. Let this mixture stand for another 10 minutes.
- Place this mixture in a large bowl and slowly start adding the flour. You may not need it all; the ready mixture will be a sticky dough.
- Next transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Be careful not to overmix! Place the ball in a clean bowl, oiled with canola oil so that the dough does not stick, and let it rest for up to one hour. Cover the ball with plastic wrap to seal in the heat. The dough will double in size.
- Now, work the dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin until forming a thin rectangle. Spread almond butter on one side and roll it tight.
- Place the roll seam side down and start slicing it with a serrated knife into 1.5 to 2-inch thick pieces
- Place them in well buttered 8x8 dish, or in any baking dish that fits all 8-10 rolls. Cover rolls with plastic wrap again and let them rest for another 30 minutes. Then place them in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until baked slightly golden brown.
- Remove rolls from oven and while still warm add about ½ tablespoon of Once Again Chocolate Hazelnut Butter to each as a topping and allow the delectable Amore to melt into the rolls. Serve warm!
Leave a comment